The City of Longmont Community Development Department wanted to streamline their permitting processes due to an increasing workload in this rapidly growing community.
This new facility occupies and combines three historic buildings recently vacated by their previous tenants. These buildings were an old county courthouse from the 1920's, a former motor pool also from the 1920's, and a former morgue from the 1890's.Our task was to combine the three buildings into a single facility. We created a new central receiving area in a courtyard between two of the buildings. The new central core, known as The Link, became the front door to the public, which presented an opportunity to create a one-stop-shop for all the building department services.